Valentine’s day is finally here and to some people, if not most of us, it’s such a big deal and the single people are not even left out.
Valentine’s Day, celebrated every 14th February of every year, is an opportunity for most lovers to celebrate their love and commitment for each other and exchange gifts.
So why do some people come up with ridiculous excuses for valentine’s day? Most men have complained that women have unrealistic expectations for that day and this has stretched men beyond their limits financially.
Some guys have come up with lame excuses to avoid unnecessary expenses on Valentine’s Day.
- Every day is valentine’s day: You don’t need a specific day to be reminded how special you are. If you love someone, you should express that love every day of the year.
- I didn’t even know we were in a relationship. I would have planned something special.
- Oh, I forgot the date. Thought it’s next weekend: Seriously? With all the memes and vals day promos all on our faces.
- Let’s save money for our wedding. We have a whole lot of Valentine’s Day ahead of us to celebrate.
- You know this year’s val’s day falls on a sunday and there’s a special program in church that day and I wouldn’t want to miss it.
- Those that suddenly fall ill and miraculously get better the following day.
- The history of valentine’s day has nothing to do with lovers: Osheeey historian.
- I got a gift for you online but it hasn’t been delivered yet.
- Don’t worry, I didn’t forget. I’ve planned something much better than Valentine’s Day. Lori iro!!!
Let me not get started on those that are cheating and have to split their time with their partners. The legends are those that just ghost and return after valentine’s day as if nothing ever happened. HAAAA!!!! Fear God na.
If you belong to the Stingy Men and Women’s Association, you may find these valentine’s day excuses helpful.
I would love to hear from you. What other valentine’s day excuses have you heard or plan to give? You can share with us in the comment section.
Meanwhile, on a more serious note, I hope you know you won’t die if you don’t celebrate valentine’s day this year?